The EdUHK PGDE Self-Nomination Admission Scheme is designed for applicants with exceptional talent and outstanding achievements in sports. They can nominate themselves to the University’s respective PGDE programme(s) for further study. The Scheme will cover the following PGDE programmes.
- PGDE (Primary) Programme (One-year Full-time) / (Two-year Part-time) [PGDE(P)];
- PGDE (Secondary) Programme (One-year Full-time) / (Two-year Part-time) [PGDE(S)];
- PGDE (Early Childhood Education) Programme (One-year Full-time) / (Two-year Part-time) [PGDE(ECE)]; and
- PGDE (Professional and Vocational Education) Programme (Two-year Part-time) [PGDE(PVE)]
The scheme is open to applicants who:
- Hold a recognised Bachelor’s degree and meet the PGDE programme entrance requirement;
- Attain individual / team achievements in sports (through participation and/or winning of medals) at Olympics or other sports competitions at the international, regional and/or national level; and
- Submit reference letter(s) and recommendation(s) from relevant institutions/organisations such as EdUHK, Sports Federation & Olympic Committee of Hong Kong, China (SF&OC) / Hong Kong Sports Institute (HKSI), if any.
The nomination deadline is 4 January 2023 (Hong Kong time 12:00 noon). Applicants are required to:
- Submit application via EdUHK Online Application System for admission to the PGDE programme(s) in the main round; and
- Complete the Online Nomination Form and upload all relevant supporting documents* including
- Personal statement;
- Evidence(s) of achievement and commitment in sports to the related areas; and
- Reference letter(s) and recommendation(s) from relevant institutions/organisations.
(* Please merge all documents in one PDF file with the file size not exceeding 15MB.)
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to attend the Programme / Subject admission interview and/or practical test.
(852) 2948 6886