|Certificate in PDP on Promoting Socioemotional Competence: Family and School Practices
|Mode of Study
|5 full days (Saturdays)
|Tseung Kwan O Study Centre
|Ms. LEUNG Tuen Yung Iris
|Miss Yim 2948 6790
Participants are able to:
- Understand what constitutes child socioemotional competence;
- Analyze family and school factors that may positively and negatively affect child socioemotional competence in preschool years;
- Apply concepts and principles from positive psychology, and apply them in early childhood education to support the development of child socioemotional competence through everyday interactions and structured activities; and
- Generate initiatives to educate parents about the importance of whole-child development, and engage parents in home-school co-operation to support child socioemotional development.
The programme consists of one 3-credit-point course with a total of 39 hours.
This course will focus on:
- Understanding what constitutes child socioemotional competence;
- Recognising family and school factors that may positively and negatively affect pre-school child's socioemotional competence; and
- Applying principles of positive psychology and early childhood education to support the development of child socioemotional competence through everyday interactions, learning activities, and home-school co-operation.
Medium of Instruction
The medium of instruction is mainly Chinese (Cantonese) and will be supplemented by English where appropriate.
|Period of Study
|23 September 2023 (Saturday);
7 October 2023 (Saturday);
14 October 2023 (Saturday);
21 October 2023 (Saturday);
28 October 2023 (Saturday)
To be eligible for admission, applicants should be:
- school leaders, head teachers, or senior teachers working in the pre-primary settings; and
- recommended by their principals.
To be awarded a Certificate of Completion, participants must obtain a pass in all assessment tasks required and successfully fulfill the attendance and/or assessment requirements as stipulated by the programme.
Participants who complete our PDPs are eligible to apply for credit transfer if they enroll in our postgraduate programmes. Their applications will be considered on an individual basis.