|Certificate in PDP on Knowledge Management for Enhancing School Development
|Mode of Study
|Full-time Block Release
|Tai Po Campus
|Dr Cheng Chi Keung Eric
|Ms Cheung 2948 8026
Ms Wong 2948 8027
The rapid development of information technology and the internet generates large amounts of knowledge, creating challenges and opportunities for school leaders to manage sustainable school development. How to support schools to institutionalise a knowledge sharing and transfer system, enhance school learning capacity for knowledge acquisition, and develop school intellectual capital are critical issues for school leaders. This programme provides participants with the theories, strategies and skills of Knowledge Management (KM), and develops their competencies for auditing knowledge, formulating knowledge strategies, institutionalising KM system and managing school intellectual capital through an action learning approach.
The programme aims to:
- introduce participants with the theories, strategies, practices and tools of KM, and the principles for implementing KM in school organisations;
- equip participants with the skills to plan, initiate, implement, control and evaluate KM projects; and
- develop personal knowledge management competencies of the participants to critically analyse the role of knowledge management in enhancing school effectiveness.
The programme is designed for those school leaders who want to apply KM to enhance their school's sustainable development. The programme consists of the following courses:
- Knowledge Management for Enhancing School Development (Theory) (3 credit points);
- Knowledge Management for Enhancing School Development (Practice) (3 credit points); and
- Managing School Intellectual Capital (3 credit points).
This programme includes two parts:
The first part covers the theories and practices of Knowledge Management (KM) and Managing Intellectual Capital (IC) in school education. The content includes knowledge strategies, KM system, personal KM, organisational learning, communities of practice, data mining, school IC management, knowledge auditing, and planning KM project. Participants will apply the above theories for planning an IC survey and a KM project in school context.
The second part is the enactment of the KM project. Participants will conduct an IC survey and a pilot study for implementing KM projects in school context as planned in the first part so that they are able to gain practical experience for KM implementation and IC management in school education.
Medium of Instruction
The medium of instruction is mainly Chinese (Cantonese) and will be supplemented by English where appropriate.
|Period of Study
|15 April to 17 May 2024
To be eligible for admission, applicants should be:
- in-service vice principals and senior teachers from primary, secondary or special schools who should be in charge of a committee or department, or teachers responsible for school and/or teacher development; and
- recommended by school principals.
Remarks: Each school can recommend more than one teacher.
To be awarded a Certificate of Completion, participants must obtain a pass in all assessment tasks required and successfully fulfill the attendance requirements as stipulated by the programme.
This Government-funded programme is supported by the Education Bureau (EDB). Schools which release teachers to take this programme are eligible for supply teachers, if deemed necessary. Government and aided schools shall contact the EDB for detailed arrangements. Private and DSS schools shall make their own arrangements for the employment of supply teachers.
Participants who complete our PDPs are eligible to apply for credit transfer if they enroll in our postgraduate programmes. Their applications will be considered on an individual basis.